To support the ongoing delivery of A Better Start, Big Lottery Fund are delivering a Learning and Development Programme. This programme of support is being delivered alongside the Warwick Consortium evaluation and learning workstream. The ABS Support Programme comprises three main types of activity:
1) Communities of Practice;
2) Cross Site Development Projects; and,
3) Learning and Development Events.
Communities of Practice
Five communities of practice have been established with each of the ABS sites 'hosting' a community. The groups will be facilitated by Dr Alice Haynes and Heather Ransom, Learning and Development Advisors for A Better Start:
- Data, research and evidence
- Communications and knowledge
Materials and outputs from these activities will be available here as and when they are generated.
Cross-Site Development Projects
A number of specific development projects have also been identified and external expertise commissioned to work across the five sites:
- LSE have been commissioned to support the development of a Shared Outcomes Framework capturing common indicators and outcomes across the ABS sites.
- Dartington Social Research Unit, working with the Family Nurse Partnership national team will be working to co-design and test adaptations to the FNP, with the aim of maximizing ABS outcomes.
Learning and Development Events
The Learning and Development Events bring together relevant team members from across the five partnerships to explore topics of common interest, providing an opportunity for sharing ideas and learning between partnerships. The events also involve input from external experts or innovators in a particular field. Three events were held in 2016 with more planned for 2017.